AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I GET BETTER LOOKING EVERYDAY!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/15/2010 07:56 (#1436595 - in reply to #1436006)
Subject: I will GUARANTEE you will lose weight - it's SO simple and SO difficult

West Union, Illinois

kggonzo - please tell what you changed to lose the weight. I just can't get any weight off. I'm always tired. it's like carrying around a 50 lb bag of feed 24 hours a day.
Been there, done that.  When I was diagnosed as being diabetic they put me on a carb counting lifestyle.  I CAN'T BE A DIET, it has to be a change of lifestyle to make it work.  And it is very simple.  Not easy, simple.

To get started you MUST write it down.  If you do not track it it will not happen.  And you have to be brutally honest with yourself. "All" you have to do is track and control how many carbohydrates and how many fats you eat a day.

You may eat 16 servings of carbohydrates and 4 servings of fat a day.  If you do that I guarantee you will lose weight.

"What is a serving?"

One serving of carbs is 15 grams, one fat is 5 grams.

"OK, what's that mean?"

Let's look at the nutrition guides for Burger King and Hardees (both like many chains are online)  A Whopper has 51 grams of carbs and 40 grams of fat.  A 1/3 pound Thickburger has 52 g carbs and 58 g fat.

So ... look at the Whopper first  51/15=3.4 servings of carbs 40/5=8 servings fat.

Looking st the 1/3 lb Thickburger we find 52/15=3.4 carbs and 14.5 servings of fat. es, that is more fat than you are allowed for almost 4 days.

It is a change of lifestyle.

Oh, and make sure you count the half cup of mayo you spread on the sandwich.

1 glazed donut is probably 2 carbs and 2 fats. Do I need to even comment on the carbs in a soft drink or a beer?

It is a change of lifestyle.

The trick is pay attention to what you eat and eat small portions.  Stop at the local convenience store and read the nutrition labels on things. You won't buy much.  Celery and raw cauliflower is free.  Raw carrots are close enough to free I don't count them.  But if they are cooked with butter on them you have fats.  If they are glazed you have fats and carbs.

So, you set down at the table for dinner and look around.  1/2 cup of mashed potatoes is 1 serving of carbs.  So is 1/2 cup of corn. And the gravy is almost all fat.

Do a search for carb counting.  Keep in mind most are diabetes oriented and may go a bit overboard if all you want to do is control weight.  I went from close to 250 to under 170.  I've not been behaving myself and gained some back, but that is going to change.  It is a change in lifestyle, not a a diet

If you want to discuss it in more detail my email works

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)