AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I GET BETTER LOOKING EVERYDAY!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 11/14/2010 22:21 (#1436255 - in reply to #1436006)
Subject: Re: I GET BETTER LOOKING EVERYDAY!!!!

Kevin, You are preaching the choir. I am amazed how much better I feel.
I just quit eating, plain and simple. I didn't eat because I was hungry, I ate because I was bored.
I ate because it was habit.
No fad diet, just plain and simple will power. I am not bragging, just the way I did it. Cannot count the times I walked into the kitchen to snack and said to my self," what are you doing" and put away whatever I had grabbed.
I was drinking 4 plus gallons of milk a week, now less than one. Every morning I had a 32 ounce coke from the local convience store. Now I have a 12 ounce can. (still cannot stomach diet coke) The rest of the day I only drink water, no 2 or 3 glasses of coke with lunch.
At lunch, I have a sandwich, no fries. Eat smaller portions for supper and try to keep busy in the evening to avoid snacking.
It is not easy and it sucks. I like to eat and crave a lot of stuff I always eat. Just try to eat less of it.
I am still trying to walk but the weather is getting colder and I may start walking after work at the mall in town. The biggest thing I found with exercise is it has to fit into my schedule. If it isn't convenient to do, I will find an excuse not to.

I guess the biggest thing was the will power to lose weight. The heart doctor telling me I had minor issues with my heart(blood pressure a little high, some thickening of the heart wall,etc) were going to become BIG problems down the road was the punch in the gut that did it for me.
Want to lose weight, find a reason that is more important than eating and not exercising. Stick to it and tell yourself, "I will not fail and I will not over eat today."
Good Luck
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)