AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grinding dry corn ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 11/15/2010 10:06 (#1436787 - in reply to #1433204)
Subject: Re: couple pics of our system

ecmn
dave_dairy - 11/12/2010 21:15

What's the purpose of the small hopper bin over the hammer mill? Would it not make sense to just go directly in the top with augers from wherever? Just curious because I am considering something similar.

holy cow 90 bushels a day!

our farm had a setup since the late 60's early 70's very similar to minn gophers. we ran 4" auger into a bushel sized hopper ontop of the mill, just flipped the auger on to fill the hopper, when the hopper was almost empty flipped the auger on again. for enough corn to do a batch for 60 milk cows and then a couple batchs for steers it worked wonderfull. still have the mill and as i rebuild the farm it will be nice to bring it back into service for the steer business.
I have a couple friends that raise beef herds. The hard part for them to get away from the tractor mixer part is that they are grinding ear corn and mixing in there vitamins/minerals and some protien. its a big change for a guy to change from a picker to shelled corn, then to somehow get your other nutreints fed on the side or mixed.

Edited by easymoney 11/15/2010 10:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)