AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

THESE YIELDS ARE A DISASTER IN ILLINOIS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 9/6/2010 17:35 (#1348945 - in reply to #1348931)
Subject: Seriously, Tara

I don't know for sure if you did this or not, but your locations and yield for the last four in your list appear to be duplicates of data that can be seen in the crop talk forum, plot yield data link at the top of the page.

While there is value in seed corn plots, and its all relative, STRIP PLOT YIELDS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS HIGHER than field averages, usually by at least 10 bushel sometimes up to 30 bushel.

I do no wish a bad crop on anyone, but you are kidding yourself if you don't realize that there is far more acres in IL and maybe IA that are 30 plus bushel below than there are acres that are 10 bushel above last year. This corn thing is already baked, its a matter of the number being closer to 160 or 155.

Early reports in this area are mixed, but the theme is less than last year, just a matter of whether its 20 less or 100 less. And yes there will be sub 100 avg yields on ground that can or has done 230 plus.

We will know a lot more about this crop in the next 14 days. The big boys are running now and just about everyone else will be running sometime this week.

On an unrelated note, who's got a line on beans, walked some yesterday that were planted late late May and I am still seeing pods on the ground that are dropping off. These were undamaged pods and plants appear healthy, I think they are just saying enough is enough, time to finish. Probably going to be close to 10 bushel under last year, but we had good beans last year.

Edited by Mizzou Tiger 9/6/2010 17:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)