AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pinkeye vaccination
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Roy@ranch
Posted 7/5/2010 16:32 (#1261478 - in reply to #1261207)
Subject: Implants

North Cental Mo.
I posted this a while back, I implant for pinkeye. Here is a copy and baste of what I use.

SolidBac Pinkeye IR/PR Implants
(Pfizer Animal Health) Single dose protection against pinkeye caused by Moraxella bovis in cattle 3 months of age or older. Each pelleted implant dose contains a combination of immediate release (IR) and programmed release (PR) antigen pellets, and includes the antigen equivalent of two doses of Moraxella Bovis Bacterin. Give 1 dose SQ in the base of the ear or in the neck prior to the onset of pinkeye season. Annual booster is recommended. Requires SoliDoser delivery system.

I've tried the regular vaccines, and quite honestly I think I wasted my $, but didn't cost much. Unless it gave them more pinkeye which could have been possible. I have been told that a vaccine will usually work for a closed herd where you generate all your own replacements. For me that is not a reality. I've used the implants for a few years and got along much better than I ever hoped. I can't prove that this is the reason, but until I have a meltdown I am going to continue.

Roy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)