AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Regrets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Don NMO
Posted 2/25/2007 16:38 (#110906 - in reply to #110778)
Subject: Re: Any Regrets

The Original Lock Springs Rver Rat

Tom you said, "If you have the most accurate auto-guidance system, you can take a little implement drift and have it not effect you"

Ok so why bother with that mounted planter then? I don't have RTK,but know some guys that do and RTK is not all that satisfactory for them with drawn planters.

There is no reason I can see why a mounted planter running sf2 would not be as good as a drawn planter running RTK.

You also have to take into consideration what type of tillage if any was done in front of the planter. Any primary tillage running an angle to the planter will give tracking errors on the planter.

Sure there is a place for RTK,but as more folks use it the short comings will become more prevalent,not saying RTK is not good but in many situations it is not perfect like many have made out.

I think your case for tire tracking error is way over done for sf2,pass to pass it is not a problem 99% of the time,and for the times it could be a problem,it could just as easily be a problem for RTK,but maybe for different reasons.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)