AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church manners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 2/8/2010 10:58 (#1064178 - in reply to #1062716)
Subject: Carefull what you wish for (long story)

just a tish NE of central ND
Yea, it is disturbing to have people with bad habits in church , but who really gives a DANG>>>> When it comes right down to it, would you rather they stayed home? Not me........Ill take the disruption ANY DAY!.As for cell phone ringing.... It happens.Carelessness if you ask me. But, Ill take it......If you enjoy quiet..... stay home and watch church on TV........
With that said, I realize it is NOT what we expect to see and hear in church. And people can do better. Respect seems to be slipping.Maybe our fast lives are to blame?

At age 10, I looked around the church and said there are at least 25 people that are younger than me and 180 that are older than I was.Lots of them were babies........ Gods children. Some parents left early and some took kids out of church, some came late. Some were fighting snowy roads, bad weather and most were WORN OUT TIRED from MILKING and FEEDING cows and working that morning before church and some were recovering from their night out at the bar the night before too.
Again, Who really cares if it was disturbing...... They were participating.They came for a reason.They brought their kids for a reason too. Some of the older ones snapped at the disruption and late comers........Poked noses up at noisy kids...
even scolded.Some Ministers scorned as the portrayed the image of being perfect individuals themselves(ya right)Well, all of those kids now have kids of their own. The cycle continues Life goes on. Somehow, I loved all the people being there together, and they all had something in common it seemed.
At age 20, I looked around the church ands said ..... Hmmm. there are about 15 people here that are younger than me and about 100 that are older.
At age 30 I looked around the church and said ,Hum.... there are about 10 people that are younger than me.... 75 that are older than me.
At age 40, I looked around the church and said Hum.... there are about 5 people that are younger than me and 45 that are older than me.
At 48, I looked around the church and said , Hum...... there are 3 people that are younger than me and 35 that are older, and one of the younger is is my 16 year old and another is a 13 year old that migrated to our church..Then THERE IS NO ONE YOUNGER
I suspect that by the time I am 60 years old that church will be closed.....It struggles for years already just to keep the heat on.The school is consolidated with another small school....All those dairies that came to our churches are GONE! I can count all of the dairies in 3 counties on one hand.The town's last grocery is closed. The last Hardware is closed, Drug stores are all ......closed......only one repair shop left....No dealerships anymore....Fuel dealerships......all closed. .No meat markets either, We still have some good things , but no one to support them. Be careful what you wish for,(or complain about) it just might happen. Its Sad......

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 2/8/2010 11:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)