AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cpvc or copper or pex
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TJH
Posted 1/31/2010 16:55 (#1050981)
Subject: cpvc or copper or pex

NEIA
We're redoing a house that came with a farm we bought. Old 1920's. I'm going to take out all the old plumbing and put in new. Lots of 1/2 galvinized, a little copper and some pex. A couple years ago previous owner had a little bit of work done, not much. Plumber used pex. Now I am pretty much going to gut the system and start over. Can't decide what to use. My house is done in copper. Installed it myself. But copper is about 3 times the price now. Looked at a 1/2 inch 10 footer at Menards. $11.80. Holy cow. Also more time consuming. Looked at the pex. Tubing is cheap enough, but the fittings are outrageous. Would also have to buy crimping tool. About $80. Easy to work with. That leaves cpvc. Pipe and fittings are cheap. 10 foot 1/2 pipe was $1.80. Also easy to work with, no special tools. I have worked with copper and cpvc before, so know how them work. I know the plumbers all use pex, but I think that is mostly for speed of installation. I'm not going to be living there, but one of my sons might. What do you guys think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)