AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

helping stepdaughter with homework
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JDTECH
Posted 1/29/2010 00:39 (#1047108 - in reply to #1046671)
Subject: Re: helping stepdaughter with homework

NEMO
I help both my boys(6th & 9th) with their homework on a nightly basis. I think that the teachers in our school district are great about teaching the students how to figure out problems on their own. However, with 2 boys with ADHD (one an extreme case) it has been a challenge to keep that learning groove going at home during homework. The hardest seems during the middle school years for most but with my youngest, I think the elementry years were the hardest. That was when we were just begining to learn about all the learning disabilities he had. After the transition to middle school, he began to grasp the concept and we are on our way to better grades. Our oldest really struggled through middle school with understanding the assignments as well as organizational skills. We dreaded the transition to high school, but to our amazement, something "clicked" over the summer and he started high school on a run and hasn't looked back since. Our school district has been real good about making needed modifications when needed to keep all students on the learnig path. Keep on investing the time to help your stepdaughter with her homework. You will never regret it and she will be better because of it. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)