AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Toyota should have asked NAT for help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 1/28/2010 16:59 (#1046240 - in reply to #1044245)
Subject: Here, for all of us that are too stupid:

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
I have a 2005 Tundra, that is not recalled right now, whew, just have to watch out for all the other run-away Yotas on the road.
(from the Toyota press release webpage)

What should I do if I believe my vehicle is affected by this condition, i.e. I have noticed that my accelerator pedal is hard to depress, slow to return or is unsmooth during operation. What should I do?
The vehicle should be driven to the nearest safe location, the engine shut off and a Toyota dealer contacted for assistance.

What if you experience a sticking accelerator pedal while driving?
Each circumstance may vary, and drivers must use their best judgment, but Toyota recommends taking one of the following actions:

• If you need to stop immediately, the vehicle can be controlled by stepping on the brake pedal with both feet using firm and steady pressure. Do not pump the brake pedal as it will deplete the vacuum utilized for the power brake assist.
• Shift the transmission gear selector to the Neutral (N) position and use the brakes to make a controlled stop at the side of the road and turn off the engine.
• If unable to put the vehicle in Neutral, turn the engine OFF. This will not cause loss of steering or braking control, but the power assist to these systems will be lost.
• If the vehicle is equipped with an Engine Start/Stop button, firmly and steadily push the button for at least three seconds to turn off the engine. Do NOT tap the Engine Start/Stop button.
• If the vehicle is equipped with a conventional key-ignition, turn the ignition key to the ACC position to turn off the engine. Do NOT remove the key from the ignition as this will lock the steering wheel.

Edited by milofarmer1 1/28/2010 17:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)