AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hat on @ the table.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cowpoke
Posted 1/18/2010 15:10 (#1028756 - in reply to #1026978)
Subject: Re: Hat on @ the table.

OK. Here is what I don't get, how is me wearing a hat at my dinner table or in a restuarant disprespectful? I don't want to hear because momma said so, but why is it so offensive? Could it be because I am failing to follow your instructions and form my life to your standards? Who are you to tell me how to live. Did the US transform into Stalinist Russia where everyone must conform to an elite fews standards without anyone telling me?

Disrespect has to be intended, not because momma said so. If I am setting at your table and you asked me to remove my hat and I didn't then that would be disrespect because I knew my wearing a hat was unbearable to you and I did it anyway. Now if you asked me to remove my hat there is a 50/50 chance I would either remove it or walk out the door and it would depend on the situation (by the way I have done both before).

Just because you stumble into the local dive where me, my 2 sons, and my wife set eating our meal with our hats on doesn't intend any disrespect and if you are feeling insulted or direspected you should leave and go try to find your life.

I'm not trying to start a war, but I get real tired quickley of folks trying to tell me that I am subhuman in some way because their standards and mine don't match exactly. I wish the biggest concern I had this week was whether or not someone wore their hat to the local restuarant. Maybe I can get it into the local gossip paper.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)