AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 1/9/2007 12:34 (#85319 - in reply to #85296)
Subject: Re: Digital Cameras.......again.......please

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Rich, don't use alkaline batteries in a camera,they are about a 6 shot disaster. Get a set of rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride batteries and smart/fast charger. In my HP camera the 2600 mah size NiMH batteries will make 40-50 pictures WO flash and 30 with the flash. They can be recharged hundreds of times. The good chargers will recharge in 1 hr and shut off so they do not overcharge and ruin the battery. They are 120 V plug in or 12 V cigar lighter powered. The one I use is a Rayovac model PS4 from Walmart and can be set to recharge Ni Cad or Nickel Metal hydride batteries. The NiMH batts have about twice the capacity of a Ni Cad which has about three times the capacity of a non rechargeable alkaline.

My old 3.2 mega pixel HP camera also has problems in dark conditions,I read that this is pretty much normal for any of the digital cameras. A flash picture of an object more than 10 ft away is guaranteed to be very dark. I can get a much lighter indoor picture of a distant object if I turn the flash off and allow the camera to do a long exposure . Only problem there is that you must hold the camera very still for the second or two while the exposure is taking place. They tell me that a tripod is best for a clear,long exposure picture. My camera also has a "night" setting that seems to help. That setting seems to split the flash into two weaker flashes along with slightly longer exposure time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)