AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pivot Bio
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 4/17/2024 09:27 (#10709900 - in reply to #10709441)
Subject: RE: Pivot Bio

nc ks
I painted with a pretty broad brush there, and if I struck a nerve, I appologise. I sell seed and farm and I have been approached over the years to sell all kinds of growth promoters, root enhancers, nutrient unlockers....you name it. I have to be open minded about such things as I want the best for my customer friends. I have never sold any of it, but I always give the salesman a chance to do split planter trials or other trials on my farm. Most of the time with me purchasing the product to use in the trial. I will tell you that not one product ever made a positive result. I have even had the salesman forget which side of the planter was his and pull a plant on the non treated side and explain how the roots were so much better. So....I am a bit jaded, but with much experience to back up my skepticism. I am glad I could be the fall guy in between the salesman and my customers. I do my very best to do that with the seed as well. The seed company is often high on a hybrid or variety that just doesn't pan out in our world. New ones get planted on our farm and have to succeed before being recommended by us unless the customer really wants to try it while understanding the risks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)