AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Morningdew
Posted 4/8/2024 17:34 (#10699490 - in reply to #10698776)
Subject: RE: Cattle

Cherokee iowa
I don’t feed premium color cattle. And I cashed in with $194.50 on some. If this is a wall of cattle you claim then yippee I say. These prices have to decide next 15 days if it’s going to take out old highs or not. All this negativity around the cattle market is as dark as the eclipse. Going to be pull backs and run up. To far in both cases. Market needs to shake this tree hard to get cattle to get hedged. Rightfully so hedging for what you deem worth a far profit. I played that 5000 black head feeding in my younger days and it’s a lot of work and resources. Lot on the table being a cattlemen. To be successful you need to love it for feeding and not the money. Godspeed to all that try. I’m looking for calves myself haven’t decided which route yet. How deep of a pull back will there be? Or is it just doomed in your mind? Do other countries have this bird flu? Does USA have enough beef for its citizens if import export is haulted? Just few things on my mind. Anyways the barn is a lot more expensive then the board. Looked at feeders thought heck $2.30 I can live with that. Then the sale comes and get outbid at $3.30. Wild wild world fun to be a part of it all.

(A6F8A8F9-03B7-46A6-82D7-4FA90693B545 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A6F8A8F9-03B7-46A6-82D7-4FA90693B545 (full).png (210KB - 13 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)