AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hardest day of my life yesterday.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 4/8/2024 09:17 (#10698944 - in reply to #10698916)
Subject: RE: Hardest day of my life yesterday.

NC Iowa
Gromit - 4/8/2024 08:56

Went through this seven years ago. I still had both boys home yet (ages 13&17 at the time). You will quickly find out who is left after everyone else has gotten off the “band wagon”. We understood that everyone else’s life goes on, but the close friends always have your back. You will find people who don’t know what to say to you, or those who say way too much. But that’s okay. The next few months will be filled with forms, death certificates, and slowing preparing for your new life. I made it a choice to go through my wife’s clothes right away as she was a teacher with a good wardrobe that I wanted others to use be they went out of style. We kept a few article that had special meaning but most went to charity. It will feel like you are slowly erasing her life everytime you close an account or change a bill with her name on it. But is okay, it’s all part of the grieving process.
The good news is that it gets better. People will share great stories about your wife or how she was a positive influence. There will even come a time when you might even think about dating again and that’s okay, too. Take care of yourself. Everyone will understand if you put yourself first for awhile.

thanks for your reply.
you are right about everything. i was feeling low yesterday, but pulled myself together and went to church, i thought i would get some support to get me through the rest of the day. instead, i sat alone and hardly a word was spoked to me. now i feel abandoned and looking for a new church too.

oh, and a friend of sandy friends came up to me and said 'sorry i couldn't come to the funeral, but i had to work' saying nothing would have been better for me,

edit. are you better now after 7 years? have been able to have successfully date, or too much baggage yet. i want the touch of a woman so bad, but dont want to cheat on sandy.

Edited by gene_champ 4/8/2024 09:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)