AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The main reason interest rates will not change until after Nov
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Deltamudd
Posted 4/4/2024 16:03 (#10693780 - in reply to #10693765)
Subject: RE: The main reason interest rates will not change until after Nov

You’re going against the current narrative here but I agree somewhat. They seem to want everyone think everyone is doing bad and therefore things need to change, ie cut interest rates. And . Idk about wealthy, thewealthy always seem to gain more and faster than lower classes but real wages are the highest they’ve been since the 70’s. So it’s back at seventies level, not great but better than it’s been for forty years. Everyone asked or got a pay raise after 2020 and prbly won’t be getting anymore for awhile but inflation is persistent and thr corporations now have room to charge more and increase profits as people are flush with “new cash”. In my opinion

. I had this argument with someone the other day online and they were saying how bad the consumer has it. I used fed charts showing real wages at 70’s level and he responded see, it’s as bad as it was during the seventies. Which maybe it’ll get as bad as got in the seventies but I don’t think that’s currently the case. The neat thing about logic is that it can be used to defend either position so just looking at facts helps me. Consumers are flush with cash and spending money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)