AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Midlife crisis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jpron
Posted 3/27/2024 08:20 (#10682277 - in reply to #10682090)
Subject: RE: Midlife crisis

western wi
jackofall26.2 - 3/27/2024 06:14

Nice… I agree it’s hard not to feel better afterward and I usually end up with more energy when I’m through… State champ?!?! That’s incredible! What an accomplishment.. I’d feel like one accomplished parent… You sound like my dad, he started running when he had to take me to running events and started being around it and the running crowd all the time… Yes the veterans still come back to watch… I’ve been out of the game a bit but I’ll still go to sectional each year… Most people compete against themselves and their PR. That’s the beauty of it… My favorite hobby for sure…Love racing and it gives me an excuse to travel around a bit… I’ve even been up your way to Duluth Minnesota to run Grandmas Marathon for a Boston Marathon qualification in 2019

not to brag, my son was a senior when he won it. my daughter was a freshman. she didnt want to go out, she has sports asthma. the other girls talked her into to it. they had 4 really good girls. they wound up getting 2 more girls to run along with my daughter on the team. the girls team also won state that year and there was a freshman girl that was individual state champ. first time ever in wi the same school had a boys and girls individual champs. having both kids be state champs weather team or induvidual, it was a very emotional day. we knew the gilrs team was good, but no one expected that. talk about pressure. they girls team ran first, then there were 2 other races before my son ran. he was the favorite and it was his last chance. im still releaved it's over. but after the first mile of that race, i knew he was gonna win, he would have beat anyone that day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)