AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

burtfarms1
Posted 3/19/2024 12:47 (#10671499 - in reply to #10671378)
Subject: To be fair

if we read everything RMA sends us, we'd need a staff of 10 to read it, and a team of lawyers to break it down into something you can comprehend.

As for agents, mine is another farmer in the area. I've had the same agent since 2003 when I carried my first policy. It's been a rollercoaster of great no-claim years, 2012, floods, replants, hail, greensnap etc. Through it all, I don't think I've ever had a complaint about the outcome of claims, communication, etc. The adjusters are the backbone of their operation IMHO. They go the extra mile to investigate claims and work with us to come to a fair settlement. The only areas that I find to be frustrating are hail damage assessments early in the season, and green snap claims.

When my agent comes in the spring and fall, he usually has a pile of folders 2 feet thick full of history. If there is any segment getting shorted on pay, my guess is it is the agent down to the adjusters. I'd bet some executive pay would be an eye-opener, but I might be wrong.

I'm sure 2024 will be another wild ride.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)