AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teat sealant causing problems with Boumatic Smartmeters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 2/7/2024 19:27 (#10613376)
Subject: Teat sealant causing problems with Boumatic Smartmeters

northeastern Ohio
Teat sealant causing problems with Boumatic Smartmeters.

I've been using teat sealants since they first came on the market, but I never had takeoffs or meters in my old parlor. Started in my new parlor on December 5th and meters seemed to be working fine for the first month. Then I started noticing more detaches due to low milk flow. The cows were letting down, but the meter was full and not dumping. So we were having to do more and more re-attaches.

Found teat sealant in a lot of meters that might have been causing the float to stick. Tried running Assure cleaner at the recommended rate, but it didn't remove the sealant. Cleaned the meters by hand and they are working again. I don't want this problem to continue.

Any way to keep the sealant from causing meter problems? I strip it out by pinching the top of the teat and stripping. First milking goes directly into a pail, not through the meter. Dealer says that I am using too much sealant in each teat and only should use half a tube per quarter. I've never heard of anyone using only half a tube.

(SmartMeter (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments SmartMeter (full).jpg (150KB - 65 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)