AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying used JD precision or take advantage of JD's offer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kgbarnett22
Posted 2/5/2024 13:52 (#10609919 - in reply to #10603854)
Subject: RE: Buying used JD precision or take advantage of JD's offer?

NE Indiana
I just got the g5plus essential kit. I transferred my 3000 rtk activation to the 7000 for the trade in price of the 3000 globe, which I think was 1800 bucks. So I now have a 7000 receiver with lifetime rtk activation for 2000 bucks out of pocket. I did purchase 1 year license for the g5 for section control, auto track, and rowsense(I think purchasing the first year of subscription was mandatory for the deal to go through). I was using a 4640 but that section control subscription was $850 a year, so for $1150 more this year I got all new hardware. My plan is to purchase a g5 plus display next winter with lifetime auto track and section control unlocks, and use the g5 plus I got with the essentials kit as an extended display. This route will probably save me 5-6k over purchasing everything separately. The 4640 will go in another tractor that only needs the auto track subscription which is permanent in the 4640. IMO Deere will raise the price of the essential kit once people start figuring out how to save money going this route.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)