AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying used JD precision or take advantage of JD's offer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cyclones30
Posted 2/1/2024 07:44 (#10603223 - in reply to #10603040)
Subject: RE: Buying used JD precision or take advantage of JD's offer?

Midwest

I'm pretty sure you can't change other than the 2 levels and the groups of features that go with them. What are they saying about changing stuff?

For the 7000/7500 and the JDlink it's not a bad deal since those would function even without paying the yearly later on. But the display is pretty much worthless unless you continue to pay the $2k for the features. What will it have for resale value in 7 years when what you've paid in total equals the price of those items if you would have just bought them "normally" and gotten lifetime activations on the display? No clue, but far less. 

I'm a fan of the lifetime activations so I'd either buy 2630 which are still serviced by JD and others if a screen goes or something. Or go with the G5 or G5 plus but the "full price" lifetime activation route. 

If the offer/kit is $4k the first year that's less than a 7000/7500 and JD link modem are new. If you never paid a dime after that can you keep those and sell the G5? Buy a standard G5 and have best of both worlds. Discount and lifetime activations. Not sure 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)