AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying used JD precision or take advantage of JD's offer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4wdaaron
Posted 2/1/2024 21:11 (#10604356 - in reply to #10603040)
Subject: RE: Buying used JD precision or take advantage of JD's offer?

Northern Indiana
Lot of misinformation in this thread.

A G5 Essentials display has a different serial number structure

Unless there is some massive change to the program, a G5 Essentials display will never be able to have lifetime activations put on it. Once you quit paying the minium level subscription it becomes a monitor only, say for air seeder, baler, iso implement etc. There is actually a G5e display coming that will just be a simple monitor as well without the extra brains.

Note: when the 4640 Universal (movable, not built into armrest) display was launched it originally required a subscription for everything, including AutoTrac. So never say never, but there was not an Essentials program back then either.

My guess is the packaging and pricing may change over time for the G5 Essentials program. Think folks that need section control but not RowSense, etc. Maybe a more a la carte program, or more money upfront. Deere is really gunning for marketshare and recurring revenue with this program.

The StarFire 7000 or 7500 that comes with the essential program of does not have a different serial number structure, so it will be the same as a 7000 or 7500 purchased separately

I did some math on comparing outright purchase vs Essentials subscription package, but the screenshot is not legible if posted here. See my post on X (Twitter): https://x.com/AaronBobeck/status/1750994399972950444?s=20

Edited by 4wdaaron 2/1/2024 21:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)