AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying used JD precision or take advantage of JD's offer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GcDm2010
Posted 2/1/2024 23:35 (#10604485 - in reply to #10604080)
Subject: RE: Buying used JD precision or take advantage of JD's offer?

TTB86 - 2/1/2024 18:29
My thought is Deere is “trying” the new subscription thing.. if the majority go for it eventually it’ll probably be the only option. I don’t like how if you want rtk you are stuck paying $4200 a year for a lot of stuff you probably don’t need.. take that across multiple pieces of equipment and you’ve got quite a annual subscription fee.

They did try a "subscription only" model with the 4640, and it caused a lot of lost sales. You don't have to look too hard here on AT to find people who refuse to give up their 2630s because they don't want to pay recurring cost. Those are probably the same guys right now buying up used SF3000s and SF6000s and figuring out how to set up their own RTK bases because they, like me, realized that...hmmm, 4 RTK at $1500/yr x4 = $6000/yr for RTK. That's pretty stupid expensive!!!!

In the end, the only kind of buyers I would suggest the subscription model to are maybe the small, sub 500 acre farmers who can't swing the full cost of a new system, or maybe the bigger guys who trade in machinery frequently but run puke green tractors and green planters for example.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)