AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of adding a semi to a gooseneck fleet, would you do it again?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

kstate90
Posted 1/23/2024 09:16 (#10589176 - in reply to #10588407)
Subject: RE: Thinking of adding a semi to a gooseneck fleet, would you do it again?

North Central Kansas
My brother bought a 53' Eby ground loader that we pull with my semi. It really speeds up hauling. We still use a guy that has a ground loader like ours to help on long hauls. The nice thing is we can move when we want. We each have 24' Wilson trailers we pull with our pickups. If my son is available he will drive one of them. Otherwise we use the semi and a pickup and trailer. We only have 275 cows so it is not the numbers you are talking about but it still helps. I like the ground loader because we don't have to have a chute. I have never pulled a pot but always assumed they must not be as stable by the number you see that have fell on their side.

As far as hauling hay I much prefer my semi and a 48' trailer over my 30' trailer and a pickup. It hauls it so much easier.

As with both of them it may take some work on the field entrances but it is worth it.

We already have semi's to pull our grain trailers so buying trailers to use them for other things is easier to justify. You don't need a stretched out Pete to haul cows. Mine don't complain about the Freightliner pulling them.

Edited by kstate90 1/23/2024 09:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)