AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home schooling curriculum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/17/2024 07:50 (#10578785 - in reply to #10570539)
Subject: RE: Home schooling curriculum

I would suggest you become familiar with the local homeschool groups right away. Like before you pick curriculum or anything. There is the perception among those who don’t homeschool that homeschool kids have no social skills. I just haven’t seen that around here from either adults who were home schooled or kids who are currently home schooled. Many of the best people I know were home schooled.

But there is an active homeschool community here. There are sports teams and choir and who knows what all else.

So I’d start there. It’s possible many of them are using similar curriculum and if you use the same, you might be able to get help from them when you get to tough spots. Communicating with them will also help you get an idea of what’s going on in the area and what activities your kids can be involved in and that kind of info can help you plan your year better.

Just for clarity, this probably makes it sound like we home school. We don’t but we would if there wasn’t a Christian school in our area. I know many who do though and our school really loves collaborating with the home school families on various activities.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)