AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What was your first precision ag/variable rate project
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/6/2024 09:26 (#10560050 - in reply to #10559067)
Subject: RE: What was your first precision ag/variable rate project

East Central, Nebraska
i remember when the ag leader insight came out I was completely infatuated with it. I had no money and only farmed about 100 acres but I had to have one (i did farm a pretty good chunk of ground for my dad and others but they weren't going to pay a penny for technology). Prior to that the only technology we had was a planter monitor and hiniker NH3 controller on the farm. I was in college for computers at the time and I wanted to do anything I could to bring computing into our farming operation but wasn't sure what way to make that happen, then i saw her (the insight) and my life was forever changed. Years later I am still infatuated with precision ag probably even more than I am farming now. We had the coop install that insight in our combine back the first year it came out, I cant even imagine how many times i moved that thing to 4 wheelers, and tractors for it to map really absolutely nothing. +

I cant remember if i was auto steering before or after that, I do know i was one of only 3 in the area doing so for what seemed to be quite a while. They could afford RTK and there was no way I could swing that so I would pull into a field and make the first pass with markers down on waas, then plant the rest of the field steering. I couldn't wait to get to that next field to do so again. I think i would eventually pull in and plant several passes on waas getting out to see how far i was off. that was with an EZ Guide Plus and EZ Steer. eventually bought an EZ Guide 500 and went to omnistar then I was big time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)