AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What was your first precision ag/variable rate project
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 1/6/2024 04:32 (#10559779 - in reply to #10559067)
Subject: RE: What was your first precision ag/variable rate project

South Georgia
I did the same, set up my planters for variable rate to lower the population in the dry corners. For proof-of-concept, I used a Micro-Trak Spraymate Plus that I had been doing sight-specific Telone application with to control the planters on some double crop corn, with serial rate control from the FMX. It worked perfectly, but I had already been using that FMX and Spraymate Plus to control Telone when planting cotton. Next spring, since it had worked perfectly in the fall, I set it up to run the planters with FieldIQ. That was 2012 I think, and I'm still using the exact same setup. I've moved it from the original Deere 1700 planters to a set of Monosem twin row planters, but the variable rate setup is the same one as I started with over 10 years ago.

I'm still mostly just cutting the population in the dry corners, but I do have a couple fields with very variable soil where I change the population in different zones. I've got a neighbor who came and looked at my system a couple days ago to set his Deere 1700 up the same way.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)