AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any squeeze bottle additions for water that help with acid reflux? (Need to replace sprite)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jj4910
Posted 12/9/2023 08:38 (#10516530 - in reply to #10516143)
Subject: RE: Any squeeze bottle additions for water that help with acid reflux? (Need to replace sprite)

SE Wyoming
GrainTrader - 12/8/2023 20:04

I really need to see a dr again, but I have acid reflux by breathing air… intake a Prilosec (omeprazol) daily. I take it in the morning and it for example for dinner I knew I was going to eat something very acidic I’ll sometimes take one at dinner or I might get upset at night). I usually drink a sprite a day and sometimes 2 to help with it. But I gotta get off that sugar and pop.

Hopefully someone understands what I’m asking because I don’t even know what to call it. But we buy these squeeze bottle things to add flavor to water for our kids. Like grape or berry or whatever… is there something like that I could add with water that could take the place of a sprite when I need to take that edge off like it do with them?

Or does anyone have any home elixirs to help with acid reflux? I damaged my esophagus years ago by abusing Advil PM as a sleeping medicine when I was young and working nights and couldn’t sleep. My Dr said I messed it up pretty good and it gave me the acid reflux worse than normal. I’ve probably been on Prilosec for 10 years and I would love to get away from it: I tried changing to Pepcid and it didn’t do anything to help. That was a miserable week for me trying it…

I’ve suffered from GERD my whole life. My dad and his mom before that as well. I’ve tried about every OTC remedy and have had some varying results. Finally found a doctor that understood. A prescription for Protonix was a game changer.

For the first time in my life I was reflux free. The relief was amazing but short lived. About a year and a half later the reflux was back and the medication wasn’t working any longer. Went back to the doctor, and he prescribed 40 mg of esomeprazole daily. It’s a double dose of 24 hr nexium. I just buy it OTC and take it every evening before bed. I still have bouts of reflux if I eat ground beef but that’s manageable with a glass of baking soda water. (It sounds disgusting, but it’s instant relief). Been using the nexium for five years now and it’s still working fine.

Hope that helps!

-JJ

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)