AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb diet still working!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/28/2023 18:34 (#10501136 - in reply to #10501022)
Subject: bun-less burgers

Pittsburg, Kansas

Braums has excellent hamburgers. I figure the meat is from their old "past their prime" milk cows, but I don't really know that. Just a guess. But it seems to be excellent hamburger meat.

Once in a while I will get their 5 burger bag (two of them if wife is with me). Seems like it is five burgers for ten bucks or something like that. On those I just let them go ahead and serve them with the bun. Then I just throw the buns away. I ordered it one time without the buns and they gave me 5 plastic containers. I thought what a waste (instead of putting all the patties in one or two containers). I figured the price of each container probably cost as much or more than the bun. If I am going to support someone I would rather it be a wheat farmer than a plastic manufacturer (they just wrap the cheap burgers in paper). So I just throw away the buns. Actually last time, now that I think of it, I brought the buns home and fed them to my catfish in my pond (that are used to being fed fish food). The catfish loved the buns and catfish (unlike sport fish like bass) will get good out of carbs and grow.

When I order the triple burger I do order it bun-less though so it does come in a plastic container but at least it is only one container. Seems like if I ordered it with a bun the cheese would stick to the bun and lose part of it when I threw the bun away.

I always order them "minus sauce and minus mayo". 

Edited by John Burns 11/28/2023 22:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)