AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb diet still working!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Posted 11/27/2023 13:14 (#10499286)
Subject: Low carb diet still working!

Pilot Grove, Missouri
Got my latest 6 month blood work done the day before Thanksgiving so I could eat a few carbs on Thanksgiving :-)

A1C was down to 5.7 from 5.8 each time on the last 3 tests since I switched to low carb. Triglycerides down to 53 from 80. HDL up to 47 from 43 (walnuts on all my salads?), LDL was still good at 117 (up slightly from 111). Weight before leaving for Thanksgiving was down about 5 more lbs to 255 (started in the mid-290's two years ago).

John - as I've posted before, not the full carnivore diet you are on - my target is 50-70 grams of carbs per day. I do eat lots of broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and low carb salads in my diet along with meats & cheese and occasional low carb fruit like raspberries or blackberries. I stick to this about 95% of the time but will eat some carbs when I eat out or are somewhere with limited low carb options (about 1 meal a week) but don't over indulge when I do. Still keeping up my exercise routine and walking daily - 653 day streak my move calories target on my apple watch. Overall still much better mobility, much fewer aches and pains here at age 58 than before the change. Thanks again for all the information you share here!

Edited by Skyhighballoon(MO) 11/27/2023 16:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)