AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low Carb snacks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

moon1234
Posted 8/21/2023 11:18 (#10368803 - in reply to #10337343)
Subject: RE: Low Carb snacks

De Forest, WI
GregWCIL - 7/30/2023 14:34

Supposed to cut back on my carbs. Fairly easy to eat a balanced meal. But I like snacking and I realized about all the snacks in the house are either high carb or plain sugar.
What do you low-carb eaters snack on?

Depends if you want to limit carbs or eliminate carbs. Previous answers have lots of suggestions. Here are some more:

- Nuts
- Avocados
- Almond chips (Hi-Lo Brand. Cheapest at Costco)
- Pre-Packaged Veggie tray so you can grab when want a snack
- Chicken Nuggets (may not be low carb. Depends on breading).
- Cheese Sticks
- Light Beer
- Coffee/Tea (Don’t add sweetener)
- Non-Sugar Soda (Stevia/Eryrithritol are better than artificial sweeteners.)
- Beef Sticks/Jersey (watch for added sugar)
- Eggs (Hard Boiled if for snacking)

There are more, but just start reading labels and choosing things with lower carbs that are NOT filled with artificial ingredients. Veggies are great and if you add some cheese you have pretty good taste. Add a handful of salty nuts and you have a snack with staying power.

If you don’t need to eliminate carbs then there are a lot of protein bars that have 10-12 grams of carbs (low). As long as you are actually working (you have to sweat) then the small amount of carbs will be used. Walking from the yard to the house or the couch to the kitchen is not work.

I eat 60-70% fat and gain zero pounds. You just have to be cognizant of not over eating. Once you eliminate or drastically reduce carbs (especially those from added sugars) the “cravings” will go away and be replaced with feeling tired. This can then be treated with caffeine or a healthy snack. If you feel weak use the snack, if your just tired and need energy then use something with caffeine that is not full of carbs and artificial stuff.

This will be hard initially. It takes weeks to a month or two for the sugar addiction to get to a point where it is not causing cravings.

There are lots of choices
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)