AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low Carb snacks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/30/2023 22:05 (#10338036 - in reply to #10337987)
Subject: piggy smell

Pittsburg, Kansas

When I first tried pork rinds I did not like them at all. I think they probably were the Baconettes brand which are actually pretty good. I did not like them at all but my wife did so she would buy a bag once in a while. I, missing my potato chips, would try one or two sometimes. Then it got where I could stand them. Then I finally after a while liked them and could eat several different brands.

So I think for one thing it is an acquired taste. Another thing is you may just be sensitive to boar taste. My dad was. He was not a picky eater but anything pork that had any boar smell or taste to it he would hate it. None of the rest of the family noticed it but he did. He was raised in a pretty poor farming family and his mom was not a good cook, so his food choices as a boy were very limited. He said they ate what they had. If garden peas were in season that is what they had and sometimes all they had. He was very appreciative that his wife, my mom, was a very good baker and cook. But he could smell boar meat a mile away. As a kid sometimes they would butcher a boar (after they had castrated it and fattened it a little) and I imagine that is where that came from. Because they ate what was served or didn't eat at all.

Edited by John Burns 7/30/2023 22:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)