AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dental health
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/20/2023 18:52 (#10324843 - in reply to #10324766)
Subject: RE: Dental health

Pittsburg, Kansas

I guess I am another anecdote in a way. I can't say absolutely it was diet change but I have no other explanation.

Two things I noticed over time. Can't say especially when I noticed it, but at least two or three years ago. Maybe a year and a half or two years after going low carb ketogenic.

The first thing I noticed my gums no longer bled when I brushed my teeth. Can't remember a time my gums didn't bleed a little. Nothing severe and maybe not every time, but something like 3 out of 4 times. Most of the time a little reddish hint to my spit when I spit out after brushing. Can't remember the last time I noticed blood color to my tooth brushing spit but it has been at least two or three years. Maybe more.

The other thing my wife and I both noticed, and it was at our dentist office. Sometime after we had went on the low carb diet and had a teeth cleaning/checkup they commented on both of us that we had quite a bit of plaque build up. They scraped quite a while to get it off. We just had our teeth cleaned again (by the same dental assistant). Hardly scraped tarter at all and no comment about buildup. Dentist said nothing. I only mention this because of what I heard on the low carb cruise by Dr Berry. He said when he went carnivore he had no problem at all. But his wife Neisha had tarter buildup really bad her first checkup after going mostly carnivore (they call it carnivorish). But her next checkup and since no problem. So did my wife and experience something similar when we went low carb? An extra buildup of plaque then it resolved itself. Dr Berry had said several of his patients had told him of similar problems but the problem resolving itself. I can't say for sure it was diet for us or if we will have some other result in the future. And truth be told I probably would not have even thought about it but he talked about it on the low carb cruise then we had a dental checkup not long after we got back and our teeth were clean (not sure about my wife but I have always had pretty bad tartar buildup since a kid).

Just an odd anecdote. But at least the outcome headed in the right direction.

A lot of the positive health changes I have got from diet I often forget about but then someone will come up with a problem and I remember, oh yeah. I used to have that. Skin tags, moles, jock itch, athletes foot occasionally. Little incidental stuff just went away. The diabetes reversal with blood sugar control without medication was the big thing along with no longer needing blood pressure medicine. But the lower back pain, knee pain and no more foot neuropathy were just bonus along with the other stuff not expected.

Edited by John Burns 7/20/2023 18:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)