AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

keto diet question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/24/2023 06:50 (#10329192 - in reply to #10329074)
Subject: RE: keto diet question

Pittsburg, Kansas

I'm up a few pounds now. 165-170 was where I stayed for probably three years (other than my motorcycle/deer accident where I got down to almost 155) and I am up in the 175-180 range now (I'm 6'2"). I'm hoping it is muscle weight, LOL. That would be fine. But one maybe bad habit we have gotten into for the last year or two is we have a desert every night. And in summer we often don't eat supper till 8 or after and the desert sometimes is at 9 or so. Then we go to bed a couple hours later. The different deserts she makes are all low carb and the portion size is controlled so it is not a lot of carbs. But it is a few and usually has a diced up strawberry or a half dozen blueberries on top. I got a feeling it is just enough to give me a tiny insulin spike (my blood sugar still stays below 150) and maybe causes the desert calories and some fat from the meal go to storage (fat) at the wrong time of night.

Nothing serious, I just don't want it to become a trend. And I don't want to give up our small but delicious deserts (she makes four or five different kinds). So we have changed our schedule as of a couple nights ago. We eat desert first! We will have desert as a snack around 6pm then supper at regular time. No longer eat the small low carb desert so close to bed time. I'm not worried about my current weight (in fact if it is muscle weight wouldn't mind gaining some more). Pants and belt fit the same and I feel fine. Just don't want it to get away from me.

I can believe you on the BBBE. My wife has never lost the last thirty or so pounds she would like to. She has gotten close to the BBBE a time or two but just will not give up her onions and olives. Plus my bad habit and her wonderful creation of desert every night. But I think she has lost all her "dangerous" visceral fat. As long as she is healthy I am fine with it.

Edited by John Burns 7/24/2023 06:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)