AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many eggs do you eat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/2/2023 10:26 (#10212844 - in reply to #10211958)
Subject: cutting out the salad

Pittsburg, Kansas

Maybe cut out the salad? LOL

Seriously, I eat it once in a while when some stuff comes with a hamburger (I don't eat the bun) but my wife avoids it almost all together. So I might get a piece of lettuce once in a while (but never at home). Gives her the trots almost every time she eats lettuce any more. Never used to but things change as we get older.

A few people seem to be sensitive to certain foods (like the Petersons that can eat only beef without chronic health issues). My wife seems to have gained some of those issues over the years. But not everyone does.

Early in our journey into low carb we ate lots of green vegetables. Broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower (ok, it's white but still low carb), green peppers, etc. Lots of stir fry meals with meat and veggies. And we lost a lot of weight and did well on it. But as time went by we gravitated towards more meat and less and less veggies. The less of them we ate the better my wife felt and did. Me it did not matter so much one way or the other (although she noted I did smell better when we cut down on the veggies, LOL). So foods effect different people differently. The only way to know is cut some of them out and see if it helps.

Edited by John Burns 5/2/2023 11:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)