AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case vs Everyone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 1/30/2023 20:47 (#10069436 - in reply to #10058131)
Subject: RE: IH vs Everyone

NW KS/ SC ID
IH has a unique row unit, and White and Great Plains have a unique meter. :)

With Agco running yet another brand into the ground (White planters that you cant get the White meter on all bar styles) I forsee anyone wanting a simple pressure planter going with Great Plains.

I run a 6100 8r30 White that I get along great with, but did pick up a 950 CIH 8r30 3pt for cheap, would like to try it in something a little less placement sensitive like milo, definitely an intriguing design.

A good friend and neighbor runs a 1200 CIH, and they are pickier than most on maintenance and adjustment, and they have beautiful picket fence stands.

My buddy sent his son to a Precision meeting with one of the meters off his 8516 White, son calls over the lunch break and tells him they needed precision meters, since the white was only at 95 percent. buddy grabs a bag of leftover seed and heads to town, spends a little time dialing it in, was knocking out 99.2% singulation on 5 season old brushes.

Im thinking maintenance and settings matter more than anything, but the guys who run stuff into the ground yell the loudest when things dont tolerate their abuse or neglect, so we get to hear the crowing of whatever tolerates their "skills" as being the "best" . For the same reason advertising a reduction in grease fittings on a new model is a pro for some and a con for others...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)