AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case vs Everyone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ctenc001
Posted 1/24/2023 22:03 (#10058221 - in reply to #10058131)
Subject: RE: Case vs Everyone

Matrixbird - 1/24/2023 21:15

As far as I know case has the only unique row unit in the rowcrop planting industry. Argue why one brand is better than the others. Go!

Someone likes stirring the pot.

Case gauge wheels pull instead of push. They don't clog. On older machinery when theirs more slop everywhere, Case planters give way less trouble. IDK about brand new, but used, Case is a more trouble free planter in my experience, they handle wear better largely due to guage wheel design.
The leading blade allows for better penetration in hard ground.
The closing blades allow for a very cheap 2x2 side dress placement without adding any additional blade.

We've been John deere everything for the last 30 years mainly due to dealer support. But during covid our local dealer really dropped the ball; had to order everything. Turned out to be quicker and significantly cheaper to just order it myself online. Around this time we were due for some major fleat upgrades and pricing stuff out, Case was 30-40% cheaper for the same age stuff and priced the same as JD stuff that was 5-10 years older.

I believe case had a significantly better planter when the early risers came out.
And a better Combine in the late 90s and early 2000s with the 2388's and the like.
I don't know about newer stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)