AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new range -Induction vs LP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 12/28/2022 11:22 (#10008495 - in reply to #10003873)
Subject: RE: new range -Induction vs LP

Western CO
We've had both, my wife loves to cook and has taken some "professional" cooking classes. Overall I'd say she probably prefers the gas - that's what we currently have - Viking cooktop. That said, when we switched from resistive electric to induction it was night and day difference. The induction is pretty much capable of anything a gas cooktop is. One thing our gas cooktop is not terribly great at is low temp small pots. Our Viking has 4 identical burners that are not very small so melting butter in a small saucepan doesn't work so well on it - but that's not a gas cooktop problem - just a problem with this one. We have a small induction top next to the gas cooktop just for such jobs. I have a feeling that is why on the cooking shows there is almost always an induction top at every cooking station. Managing a very tight temperature tolerance (like candy making) is easier with induction - you can pretty well dial in the temp and it changes up and down quickly. One other thing I'm not wild about with gas is the amount of heat that goes up the sides of the pans and some handles if you have pots with metal handles they can be quite hot. As mentioned also the edge goes to induction for ease of cleaning. The only place the cooktop gets hot is under the pan so if you have a boil over it is easy to just lift the pot off the cooktop and wipe up the spill - can't do that with any other type of cooking appliance. I have also noticed that there are becoming more and more cookware sets that are "induction ready". We have a set of pans from tramontina that are "tri-ply clad" stainless that are probably the best for cooking on gas or induction - the entire pan is made of the same material so it distributes the heat very evenly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)