AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new range -Induction vs LP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Q500
Posted 12/27/2022 05:09 (#10006212 - in reply to #10003873)
Subject: RE: new range -Induction vs LP

western colorado

Went on vacation last week in Galveston and rented a condo on the beach that had an induction stove.  I have seen them before but never used them.  I have a big gas cook top at home.  Not commercial but high end residential.  It has six burners, 2 really big ones.  I liked the induction cook top and cooked at least one meal a day on it while we were there.  I'm a cooking snob, so pretty particular about my stove.  Regular electric is painful to cook on.  Crappy gas stove isn't much better.  I'm guessing the big burners on my home stove don't give up much if anything to induction cook tops as far as speed.  Did a bunch of canning on it this fall and a big seven quart canner would boil in I'm guessing 30-40 minutes on a big burner.  I think the biggest benefit to the induction cook top is its smooth top so easy to clean and heats as fast as a good gas stove top.  Depends on what you like.  I cook almost exclusively with cast iron.  In my research an induction stove will work with cast but its not the best.  Thats a negative in my book.  Pros: easy to clean, heats fast.  Cons: need special cookware, its breakable and scratch able, needs electricity.  (My gas stove has manual valves and electric start)   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)