AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating rare meat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SamT
Posted 9/23/2022 18:56 (#9858177 - in reply to #9851832)
Subject: RE: Eating rare meat

Texas
I’ll eat our home raised meat raw, but I use the same butcher every time. I’m not a raw ground meat guy though either. Ribeye raw yes, I’ve had to nuke an extra before becuSe I ate one while seasoning them!

Most of what we know as the rules of modern food are tools used by businessmen to make something that would be required to stay local and turn it into something you can make bulk and transport across a nation. Pasteurized milk, ruins the nutrition, but you ship it across the nation. If you grind wheat berries into flour it will spoil in a few weeks, so we process it so it can sit in the cabinet for years because it’s dead. If you’re going to gather beef from the whole world and then ship it back across the globe, you probably need some really tight guidelines so less people die when you get a tainted batch.

I got into canning real big before I had kids. I bought a book with the usda guidelines in it and proceeded to ruin everything I canned. I called my grandma one night in disgust after ruining a big batch in the pressure canner. My book from say 2008 had pretty much double the times as her book from 1970 ish.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)