AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do high houred 8000 series tractors scare you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 6/13/2009 20:12 (#744080 - in reply to #743206)
Subject: RE: Do high houred 8000 series tractors scare you?

North Central Iowa

ahay68979 - 6/12/2009 22:05 ... Got a neighbor that buys those all the time and seems to have good luck with them, and gets rid of them when they need alot of money spent on them. ...

I'm not an expert on 8000 series tractors (or many others), but my question for you is can you tell the difference between one that's got a lot of life left in it and one that your neighbor would be looking to get rid of?  I don't know your familiarity with these tractors, so maybe you can, but generally my fear with the higher houred tractors is that they are being sold specifically because the guys that run it know that there is something wrong or going wrong (and I know that this can be true of any used equipment).  If you buy a 9000 hour tractor for a reasonable price and then there's a catastrophic failure (blown engine or transmission) was it cheap enough to cover that repair?  Probably not.  If you can look for a while and find one that you're reasonably confident in the care it has had, then that's another story.

Good Luck,

Mike

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)