AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do high houred 8000 series tractors scare you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sfi
Posted 6/13/2009 01:47 (#743361 - in reply to #743330)
Subject: Re: Do high houred 8000 series tractors scare you?

Oregon
I think the 8000s are just plain good tractors! They are known to be very trouble free by my talks with the dealer tech's. The 50,55 and 60's were good tractors too but the 8000's are better. I bought a 1998 8100 Mw/ 6900 hr, new rear tires and every little thing checked and fixed on it in 2005 for $46,000. I don't put many hours on a big tractor so this made a lot of sense for me. I love it. Pulls like a locomotive. Took it in for a dealer check up this winter. Dyno tested at 198Hp. Max torque way down at like 1250 rpm. Sounded like it'd be happy to pull all day like that. Not a wisp of smoke. Simply impressive. The second generation 8000's are supposed to be improved over the very first ones. You can ID them by the "hollow" numbers and letters on the hood. I think a fairly young tractor with high hrs sometimes is a better bet than an older tractor with really low hrs. To me, a tractor that runs and works right, and just seems right is fine. Hours don't mean everything. Crap can happen to low hr machines. Anything that's out of warranty is a risk. Tractors with good care can run into the 10 to 20,000 hr range-really. Sometimes its almost like the high houred ones have proven they're the good ones.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)