AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

road dust
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

graderman
Posted 6/12/2009 08:13 (#742305 - in reply to #742260)
Subject: Re: road dust

Just a quick reply. I work for a county in Iowa, mainly so I can have health insurance so I can farm. The calcium chloride treatments work pretty well, I believe they are a little spendy though.
As for the last reply. Blading when it is dry does do something for the road. Up here we have this thing called grass. Grass and weeds grows from the shoulder up onto the road. Not keeping the grass trimmed back, significantly narrows the road up. Therefore, the next time the road was bladed after doing useful work with my shovel or hand sprayer I would pull up large clumps of sod. Then people would call and complain about all of the clumps and how they can't even drive along the shoulders, or mow the ditches in front of their houses. After working for the county I have realized that people complain about everything. The guy in the grader probably keeps on blading even when it is dry because, people will probably complain that they haven't seen the grader go by in weeks. Let the guys in the grader do their jobs. I would doubt that they tell us how to farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)