AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One more question on skid steers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/11/2009 07:42 (#740824 - in reply to #740350)
Subject: RE: I don't believe the concrete part . . . .

central - east central Minnesota -

I have almost 1000 hrs on my 247B and have concrete outlots and rock driveways and out drives and my tracks are fine. I have paid for a set of tracks just due to the fact I never have flat tires ! The idea that concrete ruines tracks quicker then tires, I don't buy - what the heck, are they doing, power spins all day long on the rock and concrete? Maybe the differnce between an jockey operator and a professional operator. The track systems on other machines could be what they are comparing the concrete eats tracks too - don't know though. Brothers T190 bobcat just blew a track. His son in law was using it and doing power spin turns, that the reason it broke. ASV has a good dependable track system - as compared to the others.

Neighbor have Cats / tracks and he hasn't had a problem with his track systems either. he does construction grading all year long.

Bair products makes after market products for ASV track systems - www.bairproducts.com  not sure if they have tracks or not. The older tracks, when used as a dozer (heavy pushing - not much common sence) some had problems with the lugs ripping off. Have not heard of a problem with the newer tracks (asv did some improving) but again, depends on the operator.

I've think you will be very please with a tracked Cat machine

Edit: If a guy thinks about it, tires on concrete would ware equally as fast or possible faster as compared to tracks . . .  tires skid as just as tracks do.
Further, I see Cat track machines in granite crushing pit, because the sharp granite tears up tires (flats) much quicker then wrecking a track. Same with concrete crushing sites, seems there are track machines there vs tires. Just another observation . ..

Edited by iseedit 6/11/2009 08:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)