AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why I hate AGCO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 5/18/2009 18:43 (#717533 - in reply to #717240)
Subject: Re: Why I hate AGCO

Not to sound mean, but in one breath you say that you are happy that AGCO has maintained heritage parts for all the old companies that they have bought up over the years (most of which were or about to be bankrupt), and in the next breath you are irked that they messed with the old way of doing things. Do you think that leaving everything the way it was under the old company would be any more successful once AGCO bought them out? The hard truth is, AGCO had to rearrange some aspects of these old companies that were bleeding cash in order to turn things around and become successful.

We have some AGCO equipment - some newer, some heritage brand. We've always been pretty impressed with their parts program in terms of quick delivery. Maybe we've just been lucky. Maybe it's because we're not that far from Batavia, IL. Yes, we have been shocked by the prices - but we've been just as shocked at the parts counter for other major brands too. Like them or not, AGCO is a major success story. If they were as bad as some on this board like to make them out to be, they wouldn't be around. I'll be the first to admit that they have some work to do - especially on their dealer network, but for the most part, they seem to have their act together. Yes, I agree, it is sad to see all the companies that once were on their own that have fallen under the AGCO umbrella, but if you go back far enough in the red and green lines, there are also a LOT of former companies that were bought up by them. AGCO is simply more recent and those old brands stick in our minds. Our kids or grandkids will look at AGCO like we do red or green and not really even care about those old companies that were swallowed up. Nothing has really changed over the years.

As for innovation - I don't get nearly as irked with a company like AGCO that buys another company and incorporates it's technology into the rest of the line as I do with a company, say with the initials "J.D." that sits on the sideline, lets another company stick it's neck out on some new idea, and then copies it, slathers on some shiny green paint, and then claim they invented it! ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)