AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why I hate AGCO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 5/18/2009 09:15 (#717240 - in reply to #717221)
Subject: RE: Why I don't love AGCO

Western Oregon
I will concede that parts prices are high every where. At least you can still get many parts from them for older stuff.
I started to write this long argument detailing my complaints about AGCO's messing with long standing brands and messing with dealer networks. And I'm not so sure about AGCO being an American company.
My dislike for the company is based on perceptions I've developed over the years.
I was really excited about the company when it was White-New Idea. Seemed to have a different character than it does now. I guess it was loosing money like crazy then.
Perhaps I'm just mad that they discontinued the Uni-system.
My perception is, and many other share this perception, that AGCO is unable to come up with any new ideas on their own. Instead they buy other better companies-AND RUIN them. Reading that big chart on the Heritage line brochure almost makes one cry.
In fact, when they develop a campaign promote older brands it usually means another good brand name is on the chopping block. This goes all the way back to Yellow plus Green make White or whatever the campaign that spelled the end of my favorite tractor company was-and I know it is not even the same company.
I guess it is just American corporate culture at work. I should just be a good consumer and support my brand. It is just about the only non-fiatized brand left.
I wish they would do better...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)