AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Straight truck 101 needed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bernie nw ON
Posted 5/16/2009 23:35 (#715971 - in reply to #715782)
Subject: RE: Straight truck 101 needed.

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Great White North
I'd look for a decent twin screw mid 90's International, DT466 engine with a auto or a 7 speed. I'm not very familiar with what you can legally haul but I'd guess a 20' or so box would be a good fit. I have a 95 IH 4900 twin screw, spring Hendrickson, air brakes and a 7 speed, the trans is as easy to drive as a manual in any car or pickup. Important if you want a truck anyone can drive. Mine is setup with a 22' apron floor silage box and it has been a great truck for my use, I'd guess you can find a cab and chassis or a van box truck and add a new or near new grain box for as cheap as some trucks already set up, Internationals are pretty plentiful as delivery trucks from what I've seen. You won't put enough miles on to wear a used truck out. I probably use mine hauling silage more than most grain guys would use their trucks but I'm glad not to have some gutless gas pig old Chevy or F series Ford with a crappy pickup cab bolted to the frame. Been there, done that, I'm glad to have upgraded from the beat up Topkick Chev I used to own.

Edited by Bernie nw ON 5/16/2009 23:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)