AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile seat replacement?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 4/30/2009 09:02 (#698152 - in reply to #697424)
Subject: RE: Versatile seat replacement?

Callao Missouri
Eddie I don't know what you have to work with as far as a base to mount the seat on but here is my take.
I really like the Viking TBar seat's they are spring ride but adjustable for operator weight, they also have a high back that is important to me.
I am currently running three of them, two on Massey's and one on our track loader. I would like to find two more used ones to re cushion and install on my 4010 JD and 1066 IH those seats hold up and are much more comfortable than the factory seats.

http://www.bostromseating.com/products/vikingstd.htm

We have one Grammar Spring ride seat out of a JD 6400 that has a high back on it, it is a good seat, well built and swivels 15* witch is very nice. I took it out of our 6400 and put it in our 1066 IH. It does not work well in the IH because the stupid engineers put to much "stuff" under the seat so it is just up to high and to far forward. I hope to put a Viking in there some day.

I put a Grammar air ride in our 6400, it came out of a 7420 JD. The seat suspension and air ride works fine but the cushions are hard as a rock, my bony but can't set on it long. The other problem the Grammar air ride has is there is to many gadgets for incompetent hired help to play with, they have to pull each lever and push each toggle on it to figure out what it does and every time I get in it is all screwed up. My goal is to find a Viking to stick in the IH and put the Grammar spring ride back in the 6400 Jd and throw that air ride in the junk. Jon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)