AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions re loading slurry tankers and applicators.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 4/26/2009 19:14 (#693764 - in reply to #693714)
Subject: Drivers are alone........since we put multiple valves in the hoses, eliminated the "heavy" aspect...

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Commercial applicator told us how to do that............and then after looking at the pump we had bot, we realized how simple it was.

The unload hose has a shutoff valve 10ft from its end..............by activating a mechanism on the pump (I don't understand how it works----has something to do with creating a vaccuum in the hose, I think) and letting that pump for a few seconds, that empties the hose pretty much......not a 100%, but if the valve in the hose is shut off, that leaves the last 10ft empty.

I don't think there is anything magic about the 10ft........but I think there is with respect to style, brand, height etc etc of the pump for the load stands.

So..........don't really have a problem with too much mess and hooking/unhooking at the fields-----that couldn't be overcome with a little pre-thought.

At the confinements, with the pit pump.............different story.  Not sure about how that pump works.........I assume it sucks back, although I cannot say I have seen it done yet.........haven't had to..........load stand height has taken care of any runback.

And, I don't see why we couldn't set up a little elevation between pit pump and end of fill hose.......and put a valve in that.............so the end of that hose ought to be empty also........but if we had rock there, let it run into the rock.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)