AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 3300 corn head questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdeere57
Posted 4/23/2009 00:35 (#690317 - in reply to #689819)
Subject: Re: John Deere 3300 corn head questions

Pennyrile, West Ky.
I grew up on a 3300 an a 2 row wide head, it's a pain in the but in the mud, believe me I know, we had rice tires on ours, without them it would have been hopeless on our type of soils, I don't know if rice tires are common in your area or not, they will make a difference,, JD did not recommend them on 33's, they did replace 2 transmissions on ours under warranty then said they were done, when the second one went out " ring gear snaps" my Dad bought a tech manual and did the job him self, that tranny lasted for 9 years till I traded for a 4400. A 444CH in out of the question, It will handle a 443, again with the soil type thing, the narrow factory one rib steering tires worked best for us, they would slice trough the mud rather than ball it up in front of them, I always wanted to try a narrow treaded rice tire on the rear, I thought the treads might make them roll instead of sliding and bulldozing mud on turns,,,. when it's really muddy, dump often, when it got really bad seemed like we steered with the brakes more than the steering wheel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I feel your pain,LOL< good luck and a good crop year,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)